This food originate from north eastern part of Tanzania (Kilimanjaro region ) in Chagga tribe. It was made by elders (mothers or mother in laws) for their newly young mothers. It 's one the foods in the region that claimed to help the body to produce more breast milk.
4 = Green plantains
3 cups = Custard milk if you don't have that you can use (equal parts of sour cream and milk, 1 cup butter milk and 2 Tbs sour cream or ricotta cheese and milk)
1 tsp = Magadi (tradition bicarbonate of soda) I use accent flavor enhancer.
Water = Enough t cook your plantain
1 Tbs = Butter (salted)
Salt to taste ( if you use unsalted butter)
- Peel the green plantains and cut them into small pieces.
- Wash them thoroughly ( a must)
- Add water to pot (enough to fill pot halfway), add salt and accent, let boil over medium heat until tender.
- Drain the water and mush the plantains.
- Add butter and milk....If it is too thick add more water or more milk.
- You can serve while hot or cold...
- You must use fresh milk from a dairy farm. Regular milk from the grocery store will not do it because has been treated.
- 100% organic milk from the grocery store and you must make sure the milk is 100% organic