This is banana and beans meal originated from Northeastern region in Tanzania.
Banana (green plantain)
Salt to taste
Bicarbonate of sod or Accent flavor enhancer
Cook the beans as directed until they are done in a heavy pot.
Peel, cut and wash plantains
Add them and bicarbonate of soda in a beans pot and cook for 45 minutes.
Add your pumpkin, olive oil and salt.
Cook for 15 more minutes
Mashed them together.
Serve while hot with veggie or beef stew. Also you can serve this with milk or tea.
|Picture credits to http://www.cs.odu.edu/~wild/africa/recipes/recipes12.htm...|
4 cups - All purpose flour
1/2 tbsp - Baking powder
1/2 tbsp - Baking soda
1/8 tbsp - Salt
1 cup - Sugar
1 cup - water (milk option)
1/4 cup - Vegetable oil
2 cups - Vegetable oil for frying
1 Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar together.
2. Add vegetable oil and (rub in )
3. Add water or milk and knead the dough until is smooth, silky, and elastic, about ten minutes. Add flour or water if necessary but you should be able to slice through the dough with no problem.
4. Cover the dough and let it sit in a warm place to rise. If the place is warm enough should take like 40 minutes...
5. After that kneading your dough again and roll it in a dry surface about 1/2 inch think
6. Cut the dough into small squares.
7. Cut each square in the middle a little bit. Do not go through all the way. You don't want to separate your square.
10. Deep fry them in a medium heat until they are golden brown on both sides.
11. Put them in a paper towel to absorb the grease.
They are the best to eat them with tea or warm meal...