Stewed beef, cut into cubes
2 fresh tomatoes sliced or 1 small can of tomatoes or tomatoes paste
2 onions, sliced
Curry or 2 bouillon cubes
Red Chilli pepper (option)
Black pepper, to taste
Salt to taste
- Wash the plantains, remove the skin carefully (so as to not damage the flesh) and cut into medium size cubes and soak in water (to avoid them from turning black).
- Then seasoning the beef with black pepper, salt, garlic and the sliced onion. Then mix well together and set aside.
- In a saucepan heat the oil and fry the seasoned beef for 5 to 10 minutes or until the meat is brown.
- Stir very well and then add one cup of water. The amount of water you need to add should be able to cook the beef. You can add more water if necessary.
- Add the plantain and all other ingredients and cook till tender but not mushy.
- Adjust consistency of the salt and black pepper as desired.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.