|Picture credits to http://www.cs.odu.edu/~wild/africa/recipes/recipes12.htm...|
4 cups - All purpose flour
1/2 tbsp - Baking powder
1/2 tbsp - Baking soda
1/8 tbsp - Salt
1 cup - Sugar
1 cup - water (milk option)
1/4 cup - Vegetable oil
2 cups - Vegetable oil for frying
1 Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar together.
2. Add vegetable oil and (rub in )
3. Add water or milk and knead the dough until is smooth, silky, and elastic, about ten minutes. Add flour or water if necessary but you should be able to slice through the dough with no problem.
4. Cover the dough and let it sit in a warm place to rise. If the place is warm enough should take like 40 minutes...
5. After that kneading your dough again and roll it in a dry surface about 1/2 inch think
6. Cut the dough into small squares.
7. Cut each square in the middle a little bit. Do not go through all the way. You don't want to separate your square.
10. Deep fry them in a medium heat until they are golden brown on both sides.
11. Put them in a paper towel to absorb the grease.
They are the best to eat them with tea or warm meal...