1/2 cup sugar
1 cup milk
4 Tbsp. margarine, melted
3 cups white flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Oil (for frying)
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature before mixing them together.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and kneel it until you form a dough.
- Add a little more water or flour if necessary but you need to have a dough like a bread dough texture. Soft but not too sticky.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured board until it is about 1/4 inch think.
- Cut into desired shape and fry in hot oil.
- Fry until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove Mandazi from oil and drain on paper towels