5-6 potatoes, boiled
2 firm mangoes
1/4 cup Orange juice
2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
1/2 red bell pepper, seeded
1/2 green Bell pepper, seeded
2 tbsp minced Ginger
1/4 cup chopped Mint
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place the cumin, paprika, coriander, black cardamom, ginger, cinnamon and mustard in a small pan, and heat over medium heat until the first tiny wisp of smoke appears.
- Allow to cool, then grind in a grinder.
- Set aside.
- Peel the cucumbers, cut them in half lengthwise and cut the halves into half-inch slices.
- Peel and pit the mangoes and cut the flesh into bite-sized chunks.
- Cut the red and green bell peppers into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, cucumbers, mangoes and bell pepper.
- Add the orange juice, ginger, lemon juice, mint and 1 tablespoon of the spice mixture.
- Toss well, season to taste with salt and pepper, toss again, and serve